INRL 528 International Migration and the EU (2018-19 Spring)
Mondays 09:30-12:20, Y 216
- Presentation dates and topics
Evelyne: April 15,Foreign Aid towards the refugee crisis : authentic help or Trojan horse?
Betul: April 22, Migrant Smuggling and Trafficking
Gozde: April 29, Migration, Integration and Citizenship
Suheil: April 29
Bensu: May 6, Migration as a Challenge in EU-Turkey Relations
Murat: May 13, Climate refugees
- We will depart on March 5th at 08:30 from Yasar University to Torbali. Please be ready and on time at the entrance door of the campus.
- Please enrol to http://sakai.yasar.edu.tr in order to follow the course updates.
- Film Analysis on March 25, 2019 Monday between 13:00-15:30, Cinema Hall.
- Students are invited to the following event on February 19, 2019. Programme
- Sara Wallace Goodman. (November 2010).” Naturalisation Policies in Europe: Exploring Patterns of Inclusion and Exclusion”. European University Institute
- Zapata-Barrero, R. (2016) Diversity and cultural policy: cultural citizenship as a tool for inclusion. International Journal of cultural Policy, 22 (4), pp.534-552
- Rogers Brubaker. (July 2001). “The Return of Assimilation? Changing Perspectives on Immigration and its Sequels in France, Germany and the United States”. Ethnic and Racial Studies, 24
- Elizabeth Collett. (March 2011). “Immigrant Integration in Europe in a Time of Austerity”.Migration Policy Institute
- Maarten Peter Vink. (2013). “Immigrant Integration and Access to Citizenship in the European Union: The Role of Origin Countries”. INTERACT Research Report. European University Institute
- Anja Wiesbrock. (2011).”The Integration of Immigrants in Sweden: A Model for the European Union?”. International Migration.49 (4)